tamari almonds



I have been making and enjoying these Tamari Almonds for years. I always have a jar on the go in the pantry as I believe they are the perfect snack. While it is a super simple recipe, everyone who tries them loves them so I thought I should share it. They are something I make by eye, so writing a recipe was not as easy as you would think. I had a look on the internet and found a lot of people have posted recipes for Tamari Almonds so there are a lot of variations out there, if you don't like mine try some one else's recipe.
Almonds are a super food, low in saturated fat but full of the good monounsaturated fats, they contain zero cholesterol and one hand full of almonds contains as much calcium as a quarter cup of milk. I also read recently that they help lactating women produce milk so this makes a super easy and delicious afternoon snack, while breastfeeding. 



Ingredients
750g raw almonds
5 tablespoons of Tamari

Method

1. Pre heat the oven to 180C. Place baking paper and then the almonds on a baking tray.
2. Pour over the Tamari and mix until evenly covered.
3. Roast the almonds for about 15 minutes or until the mixture is dry, stirring once halfway though.
4. Cool and transfer to a jar.